Saturday, December 7, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside

Although not as cold as, say, parts of Texas and Arizona this week.

The snow is almost gone in Montreal, but on my drive up to the cottage this week, I stopped by the side of the road to take this photo. 
I've passed by this barn hundreds of times, mostly in the summer. I've always meant to stop and take a photo. This time I did it. Trucks flying by at top speed tossed stones my way and enough wind to knock me into the side of my car, but did I let that stop me? Nah.

There was another shot I wanted to take, of a lone tree in a vast empty field directly across the highway, but there was a parked car with the engine idling, and I was alone, so I just wasn't willing to risk it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I can relate, as I'm completely iced in here--I'm hoping things will start melting next week so we can leave the house!

A Novel Woman said...

We've seen your weather as it's made the news up here in Canada. Crazy!! Hoping you warm up soon, and we get some snow for Christmas.